Here are a few tips to make sure you and your dog have a great July 4:
· Remind everyone in the family to close any gate doors your property may have. Double check to make sure it’s latched properly!
· Leave your dog at home if you go to crowded events.
· If your dog is outside and fireworks start in the neighborhood, bring your dog inside right away.
· If you have your dog on a tether, make sure it can’t reach the street, sidewalk, or your neighbor’s property. Make sure the tether and the dog’s collar are strong enough to prevent problems.
· Purchase identification with the dog’s name and your phone number on it if you don’t have one already.
· Make sure your dog is wearing identification: keep your Saint Paul Dog License and Rabies Tags on your dog’s collar at all times. (Need to license your dog? Call Animal Control for information: 651-266-1100).
· Check with your dog’s microchip company to make sure they have your current contact information.
The smells, sights, and sounds of the 4th of July can be overwhelming and chaotic for your family’s best friend. Make sure to stay safe, and be aware, so you and your pet can enjoy a great holiday together.